Saturday, November 16, 2013

My little friends

As I have said before, there are many geckos in my house. I see them scurrying around every so often. They are always high up because as Nancy says they're avoiding the cats and dog! While this might seem creepy to live with mice-sized creatures that can scale walls, I infinitely prefer their guardian angel-like presence to the other options. They are keeping the monstrous, and possibly poisonous, insects at bay! I can deal with the geckos. In fact, I am very thankful to the geckos. Not only do they protect, but they also serve as a reminder for me. God works in our lives in ways that are behind the scenes. We might snatch glimpses of His work, but rarely do we realize how much He does for us (like the gecko). I am thankful these little guys can remind me how present my God really is!


“It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

5 comments:

  1. Do any of them has an Australian accent? And if so is he trying to sell you car insurance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our grandchild of two years when he left Mexico was disappointed when he couldn't find the geckos behind the curtains in the States. We don't have them in Carcha as it's too cold here for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fallen walls and open doors
    We are not bound anymore
    We must follow when He calls
    Through open doors and fallen walls

    (from a song written by Keith Lancaster...Thought you might enjoy the thought.

    ReplyDelete