Friday, January 17, 2014

Ode to My Work Permit



A pile of papers you were to me
Full of strife and misery.
Your requirements were strange
And led me all over Orange…Walk.
To doctors, Immigration and the Treasury
From Income Tax, Belmopan and much more did I see.
Patiently, did I bear this burden
Making friends along the way, I am certain.
Yet despite it all,
Red tape was ready to cause my fall.  
Months of waiting and paying
Lasted longer than is worth saying.
And God was faithful the whole time,
Keeping me from a life of crime :-) 
In the end, a lesson did I learn:
Humility is cross-cultural and not to be spurned.
Still now that you, work permit, are done
I can celebrate in the sun.

Instead of a Hobbit quote, here is a video which is a humorous way to look at my experiences. My apologies for the captioning; it is lousy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment